GIRLS ON ROCK
Explore the Rocky Mountains
Are you curious to know what forces shape our mountains? Do you want to understand how tiny plants can thrive under the harsh conditions found at high elevations? Have you always wanted to climb a real summit in the Rocky Mountains? Girls on Rock will take you into Colorado’s breath-taking Gore Range to explore towering rock walls, deep-blue lakes, and lush alpine meadows in the heart of the Rockies. With the support and guidance of ecologists, geologists, and a professional mountain guide, the Gore Range offers a unique place to develop scientific and outdoor leadership skills and answer some of these questions.
(subject to change)
- Day 1-2: Meet the team in Boulder, CO and learn about traveling and camping in the mountains.
- Day 3: Drive to trailhead and hike in to the Gore Range to establish the base camp.
- Day 4-9: Explore the Gore Range surrounding the base camp while gaining essential mountaineering and climbing skills and working on science projects.
- Day 10: Hike out and travel back.
- Day 11: Wrap up science experiments and present results in short presentations.
- Day 12: Final reflection activities and travel home.