We are also looking for donations of equipment and clothing for the girls.
If you would like to donate equipment, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure the equipment is right for our needs.
Our wish list:
- Ropes for glacier travel (As a donation, we can only accept new, unused ropes for liability reasons).
- Plastic mountaineering boots (note: if you live in either NW Washington or Alaska and are willing to LOAN your boots, please let us know – email@example.com)
- Lightweight 20°F sleeping bags (synthetic or down)
- Internal frame backpacks (3000-4500 cu. in.)
- Sleeping pads (insulated pads)
- Lightweight 3-person 3-season tents
- Megamid or other lightweight shelter for a kitchen shelter
- Stoves (MSR is our standard to keep repairs simple)
- Pots (we need 2 large pots for group cooking)
Cold Weather Clothing – clean and in good condition!
- Lightweight Goretex or similar shell (rain) jackets
- Lightweight Goretex or similar shell (rain) pants
- Fleece jackets or pullovers
- Fleece pants (generally thinner fleece pants are better)
- “Puffy” jackets – down or synthetic
- Polypropylene or Capilene base layers
- Fleece hats
- Fleece gloves
- Liner gloves
- Water resistant over-mitts
- 8 GB or larger jump drives (to provide girls with photos from their expedition)